- Bikes Will Save The Planet…
- Lucky Ant – Our Featured Favorite Company of the Week. This start-up gives small local businesses the opportunity to tap into their local communities for help funding special projects. Most small businesses lack the funding to gain a competitive edge and Lucky Ant connects supporters with their favorite businesses so they can donate in order to help out (chipping in also earns you perks and free stuff in the process). I came across Lucky Ant from an article on Good.is.
- Top Ten Electric Cars Coming in 2012 – Last year was an exciting year for the EV with the Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf and 2012 promises to be even better with more and more car manufacturers releasing their take of the electric car. Some notable companies include Ford, Honda, Mitsubishi, and Toyota. Check out this article for more information.
The 2012 Ford Focus EV
- Fracking Causes Earthquakes in Ohio, that is, a byproduct of oil and gas drilling can be linked to an increase in seismic activity in Ohio. A well near Youngstown, Ohio used to dispose of waste water from oil and gas drilling “almost certainly caused a series of 11 minor earthquakes in the Youngstown area since last spring.” The most recent was measured at a 4.0 magnitude, the largest yet.
- And because it’s Friday…The Biggest Surf in a Year to Hit Southern California. Most areas will see 6-10 foot surf while some spots could get sets in the 15-18 foot range. Will most likely be watching not participating this weekend…
by Peggy Peattie
Ocean Beach breaker by John Gibbons